|Average Customer Review: ( 131 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
58 of 60 found the following review helpful:
A perfect tub for in-between the infant tub and big bathtub Jul 05, 2002
This item was the perfect thing for my 5-month old daughter who is large for her size and was not yet fully sitting up at the time. She had already outgrown the infant tub and I could no longer bathe her at the sink because she was too long for the counter! So I bought the Snug Tub for use in the big bath downstairs. It really is great because if they fall against it there are no bumped heads. You do have to watch them to keep them from falling to the side towards the wall though, but it's not hard.
My only complaint was that the bottom of the tub was slippery for someone who could not yet fully sit up without support, and a couple of times she slipped down and it scared her. I was holding her so she did not go underwater, but her bottom slipped out from underneath her and it was a little startling. In some of the pictures for this item, they show a baby leaning back getting his hair washed. To lean her back, it required me to use both hands to keep her from slipping under, so I was unable to wash her hair. (Hubby is not always around at bath time!)
So I purchased a yellow spongy foam bear-shaped pad at Babies R Us that fits nicely inside the bottom of the tub. Now she can play with her toys and there is no slipping. Also I can easily lean her back to wash her hair and rinse and she is not scared, and the soap doesn't get in her eyes. (I tried washcloths and towels before I bought the foam thing but it just wasn't the same. Although you could probably use a big bath towel in the bottom, but it would be a hassle to wash it every time - the foam thing just squeezes out and hangs dry) So - it's a great tub, and much more comfortable than a hard plastic swivel seat, but just make sure you get something for the bottom of it!
35 of 35 found the following review helpful:
Fun and practical May 25, 2001
I really like this snug-tub for many several reasons. First, it has a suction cap for saftey and you can attached it to either the wall or the floor of your bath tub. Secondly, with its air filled sides, even if your baby accidently bumbs her head, it will not caused any pain. The sides are also very comfortable and pillow-like and she can rests her head there (looking up) while I wash her hair. That actually makes washing hair much easier and prevents soap from entering into her eyes. Thirldly, unlike a bath seat, you do not have to fill your entire bath tub with water and that really saves a lot! The only thing I add onto it is a non-slip rubber mat to its floor. This is much better then having a bath seat because it is much harder to wash your baby's creases with all the bars in between.
31 of 32 found the following review helpful:
Dangerous Tub! Oct 19, 2001
I like the idea behind this tub--the size, the inflatable sides and bottom to cushion baby, the suction cup to attach it to the adult tub and the generous drain are all good features. However, the bottom is so slippery that after one try, I was afraid to use it again! Even though I never take my eyes, nor hands for that matter, off of my son while in the tub, he still slipped all over in this one. You are supposed to be able to lay them back to wash their hair, but he just slipped right down into the bottom of the tub. Unless you find a way to make it slip-proof, even for babies that sit up well, I would not recommend this product!
Our Snug Tub seems to have a slow leak which is also annoying.
17 of 17 found the following review helpful:
Excellent Tub for *real* baths! Floor seams are weak though. Oct 08, 2002
By Qawi S. Robinson
After reading various reviews of this tub, I can agree with most. It is the best way to naturally bathe your child. No special seats or other devices. Only noticed one defect. After owning two, these are things to consider:
1) CHILD MUST BE ABLE TO SIT UP. Make sure your child can sit up effectively. Even if your child is big for its age, this tub is really suited for 7 months and up.
2) WALL SEAMS ARE STURDY, FLOOR SEAMS ARE NOT. Within a short period of time, the floor seams on the ones that I have erupted. On the two that I own, they both began to leak in the second floor column toward the rear. Since this is on the seam it is almost impossible to fix.
3) INCLUDED PATCHING MATERIAL IS INEFFECTIVE. If by chance you have a rip, your best bet is to use duct tape and a little epoxy. The included patching does not do the job. It comes off very easy.
4) DRAIN TAKES GETTING USED TO. Drain can be awkward at times and will not fully drain all of the water out of the tub. Once you have used it a few times, you are able to work around the issues and dump the water out by flipping the tub over. After getting used to it, you'll become a pro.
5) USE A HAND OR LOW PRESSURE PUMP TO INFLATE. Please do not think you can blow this tub up with your mouth. Even someone with terrific lungs would get dizzy after trying this. I personnally used the tubing from my child's nebulizer and it inflated within 7 minutes.
6) CAN BE SLIPPERY AT FIRST, BUT CHILD EVENUALLY GETS USED TO IT. My daughter gets so excited about taking a bath that she sometimes stands up. The first couple of times she did this, I held her but she would manage to slip a bit. Over a period of time, and after slipping a few times, my daughter has developed the necessary balance to stand.
17 of 18 found the following review helpful:
Love this tub! Sep 09, 2001
Nothing I could say would do this tub justice! I think every Mom should have one! It really is a great transition between the infant tub and the big tub. I purchased this for my 9 month old son who was using one of the traditional blue bath seats. The seat doesn't allow you to clean the baby's bottom and he would constantly slide toward the front bar squishing his "little boy parts". The Snug-tub gets rid of that problem! He sits up well in it and the cushions protect him from the hard surfaces of the tub. He is free to play with his toys and explore in a safe environment (with Mom by his side at all times, of course)! It is worth every penny!!
See all 131 customer reviews on Amazon.com