Lite Brite Flat Screen: Pink
Lite Brite Flat Screen: Pink
Usually ships in 1-2 business days|
|Only 5 left in stock, order soon!|
|CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.|
Board Game - Lite Brite Board Game - the classic you remember is back in a new modern flatscreen! Now battery powered and available in these assorted colors: pink, purple, red and white, it's great for hours of reminiscing on your own or with friends and family! Introduce this classic to your kids and let their imaginations run wild and amaze you with their creativity!!
|Product Length:||11.5 inches|
|Product Width:||10.5 inches|
|Product Height:||3.88 inches|
|Package Length:||11.7 inches|
|Package Width:||10.6 inches|
|Package Height:||4.1 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.1 pounds|
|Average Customer Rating:|| based on 9 reviews|
The classic game you remember!
Free form ideas from your imaginations
Great for the entire family
Available in different colors
|Average Customer Review: ( 9 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
21 of 22 found the following review helpful:
Lite Brite Oct 08, 2009
By Karen Sharp
Lite Brite has changed little, other than updating the look, since my girls had it
as children! I feel it's a bit harder to keep the pegs in on the slanted version, but it's still a great toy with lots of fun things to make..and then to light up! My grandaughter really enjoys hers..great quiet time toy, and good time to use the imagination! There are refills available on Amazon, as well, which is good to know, too! Nowadays Lite Brite is in many pretty colors..another "draw" for the younger set! I recommend this toy; always have!
11 of 11 found the following review helpful:
Nice update to childhood favorite Dec 30, 2011
I was a little worried when I bought this. I was used to the big monster Lite Brites from the 80's. When I saw how small this thing looked as a flat screen, I wasn't sure it would be the same.
But having played with it for a while with my daughter, it does a nice job maintaining its nostalgic value.
Overall, great toy, and I highly recommend it, however I will list the pros/cons to hopefully help someone with their decision.
1. Easy to setup - 3 AA batteries.
2. Pegs hold tight - they don't fall out like the ones from the 80's (see my note in cons about this though).
3. Great color assortment and plenty of pegs ship with it.
4. Nice set of templates to use - they are rather complex for a beginner, so I suggest buying some of the addon packs (I highly recommend the one with letters).
5. Great way to learn colors, as well as the first letter of each color. The templates that come with it use single letters to denote a color: R for red, B for blue, etc.
6. There is a solid light option, as well as a blinking option.
7. The single best option in my opinion is the online website (litebrite.com) where you can make your own templates. My kids love this. When they print, they do use a lot of black ink, but they work perfectly. The only downside is that the letters for the colors aren't consistent with the ones that ship with the product. For example Pi is pink (instead of P), Pu is purple (instead of V), Cl is white (instead of W), etc.
1. The pegs can be difficult to insert, and they stick VERY tightly. You can turn the thing upside down and shake it, and they won't fall out. While that is a good thing, it can be frustrating getting them out. We keep a pair of needle nose pliers with it, and that works great. You fingers will get raw pushing and pulling on these things though.
2. I find the light distribution to not be very good. The top right is rather bright, the top left is a bit dimmer, etc. It does light up the whole screen, but you'll need to be in a pretty dark room to enjoy it.
3. The colors of the pegs can be difficult to tell what they are. For example V (violet/purple) and P (pink) look virtually the same when in the tray. If you notice, the tray on this is a purple color, so when all the pegs are on top of each other in the tray, that purple shows through and makes many of the colors look the same. We end up dumping the pegs onto a table, and then the colors are much easier to see.
4. The templates don't fit perfectly - not a big deal, but make sure you line the template up well with the corners - if not, your entire picture will have all of the pegs skewed off the letters and it is difficult to work with. I bought some addon packs and they fit about the same way. The slots on the left/right of the unit don't really hold the paper, so be sure to pin the corners down with pegs when you start.
5. The storage tray is great for storing the pegs, however it can be difficult to open. The plastic is very thin and if you try to force it fully open, it feels like it might break, so we end up wiggling it around till the unit lays flat with the tray open.
While I listed a lot of cons, overall this is a great product. Don't let the design update from the original 80's model worry you - you'll still have a great time with your kids with this one.
3 of 3 found the following review helpful:
Awesome toy Mar 07, 2011
By Kimberly A. Gonzalez
I bought this toy for my 7 year old daughter for Christmas. She loves it! Although I have to admit I play with it probably more than she does. I had a light bright when I was young and it is just as much fun now as it was then. I love that you can get the new light brite in different colors. It is super cute. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the holder on the bottom isn't that great. It is kindof tricky to open and if you don't do it just right then all of the light pegs fall out and make a huge mess. We easily solved this problem by buying a small tackle box to keep the pegs in. It actually works great because you can separate them all out by color. overall this is a great product and I would definitely recommend it to others.
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
Lite Brite Flat Screen Pink Aug 05, 2011
Gotten for grand daughter for a Christmas Present. She loves it and spends hours making pictures. Lite Bright has been around forever and continues to be a beloved toy for any child for hours of entertainment.
A waste of money Jan 29, 2013
I purchased this for my granddaughter thinking it would be similar to the Lite Brite my children had. The disappointment started when you could not push the pins thru. We had two grown men trying as well and we all found it was way to difficult especially for a toddler.
I would not recommend this at all.
See all 9 customer reviews on Amazon.com